LOCATION Found in 1930 by the Sixth CIW Expedition to Coba. The lower part of the stela was in situ on the northeast side of Structure D-45, a small mound about 200 m south of the Pinturas Group.
CONDITION Broken into one large and many smaller pieces, but of these the only ones found to preserve any carving are a pair of fitting fragments. Where protected, the carving has remained in good condition; elsewhere it is effaced.
SHAPE Unknown. The sides, which have a pronounced taper towards the based, are slightly rounded and well finished. The front surface recedes near the edges. A hole near the middle of the base of carving penetrates almost the entire thickness of the shaft.
HLC 0.91 m
MW 1.23 m
WBC 1.19 m
MTh 0.34 m
Rel 2.2 cm
CARVED AREAS Apparently only the front.
PHOTOGRAPHS Standing portion, CIW; fragments, Graham.
DRAWING Graham, that of standing portion based on von Euw's field drawing; that of fragments on his own.