Rights & Permissions
The Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology at Harvard University is currently closed. Requests for digital media and permissions will be answered as soon as possible, but please note that there will be a delay in processing requests depending upon availability of materials.
Visitors to the Museum may photograph or video in the galleries with hand-held cameras. No flash photography is permitted without prior permissions.
Reproduction of digital media (images, audio, and film) and archival materials in the Peabody Museum's collections can be provided under license agreement. Requests should be made in writing and include intended use. Conditions governing use are specified on a contractual agreement generated by the Museum that requires signatures of both the user and a representative of the Museum. Permissions may be requested for the following:
- Reproduce materials from the Peabody Museum, please complete the Media and Permission Request Form. For questions please contact email@example.com. For fee schedules and policies, click here.
- Reproduce materials from the Maya Corpus program. For permissions and fee schedule, click here.
- Publish Peabody Museum manuscript material from the archives, click here.
- Media and professional or commercial photography/filming in the galleries, click here.
- Permission to conduct analytical sampling, click here.