LOCATION Found by Pollock during the Fifth CIW Coba Expedition in 1929.The stela lay broken within a small open shrine centrally placed at the foot of Structure B-16, on its south side.
CONDITION Broken into seven principal pieces, with some smaller fragments, one of them never found. Outlines of incised glyphs survive in some areas, but mostly they have been completely obliterated. In ancient times the butt of this stela may have broken from the shaft and subsequently reworked into its present rounded profile.
MATERIAL Limestone; its uneven texture has led to pitting in some areas, flaking in others.
SHAPE Tapering slightly from top to bottom, the top having perhaps been flattish. The front is flat, the sides are well dressed. The shaft may never have had much more of a butt than is shown in the photograph.
HLC 1.71 m
PB 0.18 m approx.
MW 0.89 m
WBC 0.82 m
MTh 0.19 m plus
Rel 1.2 cm
DRAWING von Euw, based on a field drawing corrected by artificial light.