LOCATION This painted capstone was found by Blom in the inner room of the structure that he called Building Y (Structure 11M-18), located immediately to the east of the stairway up to the north range of the Monjas Group. A drawing was published by Blom (1934, pl. III, fig. 4).
CONDITION When discovered, about two-thirds of the inscription was well preserved, and about the same proportion of the dancing or prancing figure remained. Its present state can be estimated from Kowalski's photograph, reproduced here.
MATERIAL Presumably a painting on stucco applied to a limestone slab.
DRAWING One, redrawn from Blom (1934); the other redrawn from his preliminary sketch (MARI Archives, Tulane University).