PREVIOUS DESIGNATIONS T-27 (Blorn and La Farge 1927); Altar 7 (Morley 1944b, p. gOe); Miscellaneous Sculpture 6 (Morley 1944b, p. 90e); T-27 (Morley 1944a, p. 71).
LOCATION This piece had already been brought to the Museo Nacional, Mexico City, by 1866, since the first known drawing of it was made in the museum in that year (or possibly in 1865) by Leon Mehedin (Gerber et al. 1992, p. 169, no. 158). Eric Taladoire, to whom lowe this reference, suggests that E. G. Squier may have been responsible for bringing it there. Mehedin's pencil drawing is in the Museum d'Histoire Naturelle, Rouen.
In Tribes and Temples, four lines of text appearing beneath the illustration of Monument 27 (Blom and La Farge 1927, fig. 252) were obviously misplaced by the printers, for they pertain to Monument 22. This has led Becquelin and Baudez (1982, part 2, p. 839) to give an erroneous locus of discovery fo this monument which is in fact unknown.