LOCATION Easternmost of the stelae in front of Structure A-15. Found lying face down by Maler.
CONDITION Somewhat eroded but unbroken at the time of discovery. Largely destroyed by looters in the mid-1960s: the upper two-thirds of the shaft was broken into small fragments, evidently while the thieves were attempting to split off the front surface. Some of the fragments could not be found in 1970.
SHAPE Tapers slightly towards the foot. Top edge flattish and canted.
CARVED AREAS Front carved in relief; both sides carry an incised text.
PHOTOGRAPHS Front: reproduced from Maler's original negative of 1905. Righthand side (remnant): Graham, 1969.
DRAWINGS Front: von Euw, based solely on Maler's photograph. Sides: Graham, based on photographs by Morley, plastercasts from molds made by R. E. W. Adams in 1961, and field drawings of such parts of the original as could be assembled in 1969.