PREVIOUS DESIGNATIONS T-42 (Morley 1944a); Base for stela no. 4 (Morley 1944b).
LOCATION Found in 1944 by Thompson and Morley in front of Structure E5-5. It was later taken down to the plaza, and is now in the Tonina Museum.
CONDITION The known piece represents about half of the original, and is itself broken into two roughly equal fragments, plus a third, smaller one. The fractures have been repaired with epoxy. The carved surface of the long side is well preserved; the other two rather less so. Side 3 has lost a portion of its carved surface since being photographed in 1944.
SHAPE Stela base with sloping sides.
|MW side 2
|MW side 3
PHOTOGRAPHS Side 1, Graham; Sides 2 and 3, Morley.
DRAWING Mathews, based on Graham's field drawings corrected by artificial light.