LOCATION Westernmost of three stelae set on the south side of Structure B-4. Maler found the stela lying on its face, unbroken. In 1964 the front surface was split off and went into private ownership in Chicago, as payment for a bad debt.
CONDITION The front surface was very well preserved and the back badly eroded when discovered. the splitting of the stela somehow resulted in destruction of collumn F of the inscription, together with some adjacent glyphs, and the upper right-hand corner of the front is missing. The front has lost its pristine condition and has been cut into three pieces with a saw.
SHAPE Sides broadly parallel, although somewhatbulged; unsymmetrical top.
CARVEDAREAS Front and back.
PHOTOGRAPHS Front: reproduced from h1aler's original negative of 1905. Back: Morley, 1914.
DRAWINGS Graham. Drawing on the front based on Maler's photograph and inspection of the original; that of the back traced from a rectified print of Morley's oblique photograph, with details from this and from a field drawing made of the damaged inscription.
NOTE Morley's designation of glyphs B5 and B6 has been changed here to BI and B2.