Why choose a Peabody Museum Program?
All Peabody Museum programs for academic year 2020–2021 are delivered virtually via Zoom, Skype, or other platforms
- All programs are curriculum-based and conducted by a museum educator from the galleries
- We have the largest collection of cultural materials in the United States
- Museum programs align with Massachusetts social sciences frameworks
- Students are encouraged to use observation and inquiry skills to form new perspectives on cultures
- The Day of the Dead program is offered in Spanish or English
- All classes are 60 minutes unless noted otherwise
- See the current 2021 program brochure and the complete list of classes below
"You excite the kids and
—Teacher, Grade 4, Winchester
An exploration of the symbols and meaning of this traditional Mexican holiday featuring the museum's colorful Day of the Dead ofrenda (altar). Can be presented in Spanish in November, and in English year-round.
Explore cultural diversity and history among Native peoples in the Northeast, Southwest, and Arctic, using displays in the Hall of the North American Indian gallery.
Invite a Harvard archaeology student to your class to discuss how they study the human past and what they are learning. Each student speaker will share a short video in advance about their work and respond to student questions via video call.
The definition of society comes to life learning about the culture of the Classic Period Maya. Students are exposed to buildings, writing, and pottery along with dramatic Maya monumental sculptures.
Highlight and compare the monuments, buildings, and symbols associated with royal power in Maya and Aztec civilizations. Companion Powerpoint with maps and archival pictures included.
Analyze details of monuments from Sumer, Babylonia, and Assyria to understand the characteristics of these ancient river civilizations.
How to Book
Reservations are required. Click on the Request a Reservation button. For fee information, click on the Schedule a Visit page.
Please click on the menu links for information on Teacher and Student Resources, as well as Multimedia offerings.