Why choose a Peabody Museum Program?
- See the current 2020 program brochure
- All Peabody Museum programs are curriculum-based, and conducted in the galleries. All are virtual field trips offered via Zoom, Skype, or other platforms. See a complete list of classes in the sub-menu.
- We have the largest collection of cultural materials in the United States.
- Museum programs align with Massachusetts social sciences frameworks.
- Students are encouraged to use observation and inquiry skills to form new perspectives on cultures.
- The Day of the Dead program is offered in Spanish or English.
- All classes are 60 minutes unless noted otherwise.
"You excite the kids and
—Teacher, Grade 4, Winchester
Day of the Dead (Grades 2–12)
An exploration of the symbols and meaning of this traditional Mexican holiday featuring the museum's colorful Day of the Dead ofrenda (altar). Can be presented in Spanish in November, and in English year-round.
Igloos to Adobe (Grades 3–5)
Explore cultural diversity and history among Native peoples in the Northeast, Southwest, and Arctic, using displays in the Hall of the North American Indian gallery.
King for a Day (Grades 5-8)
Highlight and compare the monuments, buildings, and symbols associated with royal power in Maya and Aztec civilizations. Companion Powerpoint with maps and archival pictures included.
Magnificent Maya (Grades 4–7)
The definition of society comes to life learning about the culture of the Classic Period Maya. Students are exposed to buildings, writing, and pottery along with dramatic Maya monumental sculptures.
Mesopotamian Monuments (Grades 6–8) from our partner museum, Harvard Museum of the Ancient Near East
Analyze details of monuments from Sumer, Babylonia, and Assyria to understand the characteristics of these ancient river civilizations.
How to Book
Reservations are required. Click on the Request a Reservation button. For fee information, click on the Schedule a Visit page.
Please click on the menu links for information on Teacher and Student Resources, as well as Multimedia offerings.