Grades K–2, 60 Minutes
Integrates with studies of
- World geography, maps & continents
- Peoples and cultures around the world
- Artifacts from around the world
Young anthropologists travel the world, comparing artifacts from Africa, Asia, South America, Europe, Australia and right here in North America. Students explore how different environments shape the clothes, toys, and tools that peoples of the world use to meet their basic needs. This presentation encourages student participation, including discussion and handling artifacts.
"The program was hands-on and developmentally appropriate as well as engaging… . During the program there were enough 'artifacts' for each student to have a turn as an 'anthropologist.'"
- Free Teacher Guide contains support materials for this program, including vocabulary, readings, and activities such as creating “passports” and traveling the globe through storytelling.
- Exhibit Extras engages students and chaperones during their visit.
- Gallery Hunt