Young explorers travel through the world and through time in their imaginations.
Explore the Museum's galleries with your student-anthropologists and student-archaeologists. Meet the Maya. Explore the diversity of Native America. Reserve a hands-on Museum Mysteries kit for use in the museum. Plan at least two hours for these adventures, which include museum orientation.
Teachers are encouraged to visit the museum in advance to plan their students' visit. Enjoy one free admission per AFT or MTA member card or school ID for K-12 teachers working in Massachusetts schools. This offer does not apply to scheduled group visits.
"We had a wonderful day at the museum! The children were engaged and motivated. Our students took full advantage of what was offered.I really appreciated how welcoming your staff was when we first arrived, even though we were self-guided. I also really liked the education room for our gear drop-off and lunch location! That made the day seamless and very comfortable! The statements about behavior expectations set a great tone for our students."
—5th-6th grade, Sanit Bani School, Sanbornton, NH
- Grades 7-12 Gallery Hunt (Spanish)
- Igloos to Adobe Gallery Hunt
- Globetrotters Gallery Hunt
- Magnificent Maya Gallery Hunt
- Current Exhibitions shows what's on view right now.
- Watch videos on the Multimedia page: exhibitions and behind-the-scenes activities
- Museum Mysteries Kit Description
- Chaperone Tips for Museum Mysteries Kit