Archives Research Room Rules
Procedures for Archival Research
THE READING ROOM IS OPEN BY APPOINTMENT MONDAY-FRIDAY 10AM-4PM. DEPENDING ON STAFF AVAILABILITY, YOU MAY BE ASKED TO BREAK FOR A HALF-HOUR LUNCH.
PLEASE HELP US PROTECT THE COLLECTIONS BY FOLLOWING THESE PROCEDURES:
• Researchers must read and sign an Archival Materials Request Form, which they will receive on arrival.
• Handle papers with clean hands; handle unsleeved photographs with nitrile gloves.
• Food and drink are not allowed in the Reading Room.
• Use pencils; pens and markers are not permitted.
• Do not remove documents from protective sleeves.
• Do not rearrange the materials, even if they appear to be out of order.
• Do not place anything on top of materials or write on notepaper placed on top of materials.
• Keep materials flat on the table.
• Use one box and one folder at a time, keeping the place of the removed folder with a flag.
• Keep bags in the Reading Room lockers.
• Laptops are permitted and internet is available at the computer.