Hours & Admission
Photo copyright Tony Rinaldo
Museum Closed to the Public
We continue to monitor the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and prioritize the safety of our visitors, staff, students, and volunteers. In the interest of reducing the number of people on campus and slowing the opportunity for transmission, the university museums are closing to the public, at the end of business on Thursday, March 12 until further notice. All public programs, classes, and events have been canceled. Over the next few weeks we will be assessing the situation and reviewing options for when we will be able to re-open to the public.
The Peabody Museum is open seven days a week from 9 am to 5 pm; closed Thanksgiving Day, December 24, December 25, and January 1.
General admission includes all exhibits. The Peabody Museum is adjacent to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, and admission to one museum admits you to both during regular hours.
- Adults: $15.00
- Seniors (65+): $13.00
- Non-Harvard students with I.D.: $10.00
- Youth ages 3–18: $10.00
- Youth under 3: Free
- Free for members
- Group rates available with advance reservations; Harvard College & University classes, please contact email@example.com
Multiple-attraction Pass Program
Sightseeing in Boston? CityPASS saves 45% off the Harvard Museum of Natural History (including the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology) plus 3 more top Boston attractions. This easy-to-use ticket is valid for 9 days from first use. Learn more and purchase online for immediate, paperless mobile delivery at citypass.com.
Go Boston Card
The museum accepts the Go Boston Card, a multi-attraction pass that includes admission to over 40 museums, tours, and attractions with a savings of up to 55%. Check out the Explorer Pass and Build Your Own Pass to save time and money by purchasing in advance.
Special Free Admission (with valid ID)
- Free for holders of a current Harvard ID (+1 guest); Harvard Museums of Science & Culture members, and Harvard Art Museums members.
- Free for Massachusetts residents every Sunday morning (year-round) from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (September through May). Proof of residency required. This offer is not available to commercial groups.
- Free for Massachusetts Teachers (K-12)
- Free for EBT card-holder and up to five guests
- Free for active duty military with their families in collaboration with the National Endowment for the Humanities Blue Star Museums program. Year-round free admission is offered to the Peabody Museum and Harvard Museum of Natural History using the Blue Star Museums guidelines.
Discounted Admission (with valid ID)
Boston and Cambridge libraries are among the dozens of public libraries in Massachusetts that have museum passes available for $6 admission to the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology and the adjoining Harvard Museum of Natural History. One admission includes both museums and each pass admits up to four people. Ask for passes at your local library! Please be prepared to show proof of Massachusetts residency or library/network membership. Not valid for group, institutional, or corporate visits, and cannot be combined with any other offers.
(Are you a library looking to add us to the list of museum passes you offer? Libraries pay just $200 a year for 200 passes through the Library Membership Program.)
Tours by Harvard Student Guides
Harvard student guides lead Highlights Tours and Quick Stops, available during the fall and spring semesters, except during holidays, Wintersession, and Recess breaks. Be sure to check the schedule for blackout dates.
Visiting with Children?
Check out these resources to enhance your visit!
No flash photography or tripods are allowed in the Museum; no food or drink are allowed in the galleries.