Native sailing chart, shells represent islands or island groups. Marshall Islands, late 19th century. Gift of Alexander Agassiz, 1875. PM 00-8-70/55587.
Free Benefits for Educators
Educators receive special benefits at the Peabody Museum, including:
- An opportunity to preview the museum without your students. Enjoy one free admission per AFT or MTA member card or school ID for K-12 teachers working in Massachusetts schools. This offer does not apply to scheduled group visits.
- Downloadable resources for teachers (below) and students.
- Multimedia access to videos and lectures related to featured educational programs and current exhibitions of interest to teachers and students.
- An easy way to preview a class visit to the Museum: watch the video K-12 Class field trips.
- Collections Online brings the Museum’s collections into the classroom.
- Many free and open to the public lectures and programs. For details see the Calendar of Events.
Downloadable Guides to Museum Programs
(Requires Adobe Reader)
Review and Bring to Museum
Financial Assistance for Field Trips