Native sailing chart, shells represent islands or island groups. Marshall Islands, late 19th century. Gift of Alexander Agassiz, 1875. PM 00-8-70/55587.
Free Benefits for Educators
Educators receive special benefits at the Peabody Museum, including:
- An opportunity to preview the museum without your students. Enjoy one free admission per AFT or MTA member card or school ID for K-12 teachers working in Massachusetts schools. This offer does not apply to scheduled group visits.
- Downloadable resources for teachers (below) and students.
- Multimedia access to videos and lectures related to featured educational programs and current exhibitions of interest to teachers and students.
- An easy way to preview a class visit to the Museum: watch the video K-12 Class field trips.
- Collections Online brings the Museum’s collections into the classroom.
- Many free and open to the public lectures and programs. For details see the Calendar of Events.
Downloadable Guides to Museum Programs
(Requires Adobe Reader)
Financial Assistance for Field Trips