Research & Teaching Resources
|Pieces of printing type from Harvard Yard. Photo by Mark Craig.
Harvard Yard Archaeology Project
Artifacts of Harvard Yard
To view some of the many thousands of artifacts excavated from Harvard Yard, visit Collections Online and choose Archaeology of Harvard Yard from the list.
- Harvard’s Roots: From Dirt to Display Case, Harvard University Gazette Online (November 13, 2008).
- Harvard Reconnects with Its Native American Past (abstract), Archaeology (Volume 61 Number 2, March/April 2008).
- Dig Reveals Location of Harvard’s Native Presses, Times Online (January 14, 2008).
- Harvard Connecting to its Indian Soul, Boston Globe Online (October 21, 2007).
- Digging for History: Harvard Indian College (photo gallery), Boston Globe Online (October 21, 2007).
- American Indians Bless Search for Harvard Roots, Harvard University Gazette Online (September 28, 2007).
- Yard Yields Wisdom in Pipe Stems, Harvard University Gazette Archives (November 10, 2005).
The Harvard Yard Archaeology Project is a collaboration among the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University Native American Program, and the Department of Anthropology.
||Students in Anthro 1130 digging in Harvard Yard, fall 2007.
HYAP Courses at Harvard University
View the Department of Anthropology's offerings in the current Harvard College Course Catalogue and Harvard Summer School Course Catalogue for up to date information on courses relating to the Harvard Yard Archaeology Project.
Current and Upcoming Courses
- Summer 2009: A1130: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
- Fall 2009: A1130: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
- Spring 2010: A1131: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
- Fall 2005: A1130: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
- Fall 2007: A1130: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
- Spring 2008: A1131: The Archaeology of Harvard Yard
Other Student Opportunities
Please explore additional opportunities for Harvard students elsewhere on our website.