Hosting an event at the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology is an opportunity for private groups and organizations to create an exclusive experience in a Harvard museum setting, famous for its collections of material culture from around the world.
Receptions and Dinners
Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology event rental offers full access to all the museum special exhibitions and galleries, including the Hall of the North American Indian and Encounters with the Americas. The museum can accommodate 200 for standing receptions and up to 100 guests for seated dinners. Events are scheduled between 6:00 and 11:30 pm, providing guests with a private viewing of the museum's world-renowned collections. We encourage you to meet with our professional event team who will give you a full tour of the galleries and work hand-in-hand with you to make your event a memorable success.
Additional benefits to hosting your event at the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology or the Harvard Museum of Natural History:
• secure underground Harvard parking garage next to the museums
• professional event coordinator at no additional cost
• security guards and Harvard University police officers, if needed
• access to two different lecture rooms with seating capacity of 75 and 300
• photographers and caterers familiar with the museum
• competitive pricing
Rental prices range depending on the number of guests and the nature of the event. For events that fall outside of the pricing chart please call 617-496-3479 for a quote.
|Standing||Fewer than 50 people||Up to 100 people||100 plus|
|Seated||N/A||Up to 75 people||75 plus|
|$500 Internal Harvard discount at all price levels|
- For the safety of the museum's collections, dancing is not permitted.
- All proposed wording of notices, invitations, and/or press releases, as well as images, in relation with the event must be provided to and approved by the Peabody Museum prior to printing and circulation.
- A guest list including names and addresses of those planning to attend the event must be submitted to the museum within two days prior to the event. The Peabody Museum reserves the right to invite listed guests to become members of the museum.
- The use of audio or visual equipment, lighting, media and photography, and vendors must be approved by the museum. All photography within the museum is for private use only and may not be published or displayed publicly without explicit permission from the museum.
For additional information, please complete the information form.