Why bring your group to the Peabody Museum?
- All Peabody Museum classes are hands-on, curriculum-based, and conducted in the galleries.
- We offer specialized versions of our programs for ELL/ESL students.
- We have the finest collection of cultural materials in the United States.
- Our educators work with Harvard and other researchers to provide up-to-date and accurate information.
- Museum professionals offer innovative approaches to teaching in a quality learning environment.
- Museum classes make direct connections with the Massachusetts social sciences framework.
- Students are excited by the unique museum environment; they become open to learning in new ways.
- Learning in a museum gallery creates fresh and immediate meanings for students.
- Students are encouraged to use observation and inquiry skills. They see, touch, and compare artifacts to form new perspectives on different cultures.
"You excite the kids and
make it real!"
—Teacher, Grade 4, Winchester
Reservations are required. For fee and booking information, call 617-495-3216 or click on our
Plan Your Visit page.
Please click on the links at left for information on Teacher and Student Resources, as well as Multimedia offerings.