Archived News 2009
Research, Exhibits, Lectures, & Seminars
(To read some press releases, you will need Adobe Reader. Download Adobe Reader here.)
- 12/16/09 Indian College Found?, Harvard Gazette. Archaeologists believe they've located a foundation trench
- 12/8/09 Digging Veritas: The Find, Harvard Gazette video. Results of the 2009 archaeological dig in Harvard Yard.
- 12/8/09 Review "Much Ado about Nothing: 2012 and the Maya" talk, Boston Phoenix blog
- 11/19/09 Download: "Much Ado About Nothing: 2012 and the Maya"
- 11/14/09 Lesley Ellis Digs Harvard Peabody Museum, Arlington Advocate. School visits Harvard Yard Archaeology Open House.
- 11/12/09 Editor's Pick: 11/19/09 Lecture: Much Ado about Nothing: 2012 and the Maya, Boston Phoenix
- 11/5/09 Treasures Unearthed: Pencil, Musket Ball Found During Yard Excavation, Harvard Gazette
- 10/30/09 Día de los Muertos: una celebración para reírse de la muerte y festejar la vida, El Planeta
- 10/30/09 Middle Ground: Aiming to Educate a Western Viewer, Islamic Art on Campus Balances Social and Aesthetic Value, Harvard Crimson
- 10/15/09 Islam's Mystical Dimensions Take Flight, Harvard Gazette. Preview of the exhibition Sacred Spaces: Reflections on a Sufi Path.
- 10/1/09 Expanding the Canon (Second Life and iPhone apps in Harvard Yard dig), Campus Technology
- 9/10/09 Digging Up Dirt on Veritas History, Harvard Crimson
- 8/17/09 Critics' Pick: Guy Tillim Exhibition, artforum.com
- 8/3/09 Harvard Yard Excavation Results, The Boston Globe. Summer archaeological dig open to the public with findings on display.
- 5/5/09 Guy Tillim exhibit shares scenes of stillness and gentleness amid decay, The Boston Globe.
- 4/12/09 Seeing the West Through Lakota Eyes, MetroWest Daily News. A review of Wiyohpiyata: Lakota Images of the Contested West exhibition.
- 3/20/09 Not on Exhibit, Harvard Crimson. An audio slideshow featuring Peabody objects not currently on display.
- 3/19/09 Drawing From History: Exhibit Evokes Lakota Cosmology, Harvard Gazette. A preview of Wiyohpiyata: Lakota Images of the Contested West exhibition.
- 3/19/09 Preserving Rare Daguerreotypes, Harvard Gazette. The Peabody Museum works with Harvard’s Weissman Preservation Center to treat and preserve rare daguerreotypes for future generations.
- 3/13/09 Night at the Museum: Harvard Faculty Get Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Peabody Museum, Harvard Gazette. Harvard faculty find out how to integrate Peabody Museum objects and expertise into their classes.
- 3/8/09 Images of the Lakota, Bismarck Tribune. Tribal arts teacher becomes a co-curator for new exhibition.
- 3/5/2009 Vivid Images, Stern Warnings Mark Ice Age ‘Rock’ Star’s Talk, Harvard Gazette. "Rock" star Paul Bahn talks about Ice Age rock art.
- 2/19/09 Messages from the Ice Age, MetroWest Daily News. New discoveries in Ice Age rock art.
For archived news, please follow the links at left.
- Media Information & Contacts