Archived News 2009
Research, Exhibits, Lectures, & Seminars
Fan us on Facebook Find us on Flickr Follow us on Twitter
Following are In the News items from 2009. For items dating from January to July 2008, please visit Archived News 2008. For the most recent items, please visit In the News.
(To read some press releases, you will need Adobe Reader. Download Adobe Reader here.)
- 12/16/09 Indian College Found?, Harvard Gazette. Archaeologists believe they've located a foundation trench
- 12/8/09 Digging Veritas: The Find, Harvard Gazette video. Results of the 2009 archaeological dig in Harvard Yard.
- 12/8/09 Review "Much Ado about Nothing: 2012 and the Maya" talk, Boston Phoenix blog
- 11/19/09 Download: "Much Ado About Nothing: 2012 and the Maya"
- 11/14/09 Lesley Ellis Digs Harvard Peabody Museum, Arlington Advocate. School visits Harvard Yard Archaeology Open House.
- 11/12/09 Editor's Pick: 11/19/09 Lecture: Much Ado about Nothing: 2012 and the Maya, Boston Phoenix
- 11/5/09 Treasures Unearthed: Pencil, Musket Ball Found During Yard Excavation, Harvard Gazette
- 10/30/09 Día de los Muertos: una celebración para reírse de la muerte y festejar la vida, El Planeta
- 10/30/09 Middle Ground: Aiming to Educate a Western Viewer, Islamic Art on Campus Balances Social and Aesthetic Value, Harvard Crimson
- 10/15/09 Islam's Mystical Dimensions Take Flight, Harvard Gazette. Preview of the exhibition Sacred Spaces: Reflections on a Sufi Path.
- 10/1/09 Expanding the Canon (Second Life and iPhone apps in Harvard Yard dig), Campus Technology
- 9/10/09 Digging Up Dirt on Veritas History, Harvard Crimson
- 8/17/09 Critics' Pick: Guy Tillim Exhibition, artforum.com
- 8/3/09 Harvard Yard Excavation Results, The Boston Globe. Summer archaeological dig open to the public with findings on display.
- 5/5/09 Guy Tillim exhibit shares scenes of stillness and gentleness amid decay, The Boston Globe.
- 4/12/09 Seeing the West Through Lakota Eyes, MetroWest Daily News. A review of Wiyohpiyata: Lakota Images of the Contested West exhibition.
- 3/20/09 Not on Exhibit, Harvard Crimson. An audio slideshow featuring Peabody objects not currently on display.
- 3/19/09 Drawing From History: Exhibit Evokes Lakota Cosmology, Harvard Gazette. A preview of Wiyohpiyata: Lakota Images of the Contested West exhibition.
- 3/19/09 Preserving Rare Daguerreotypes, Harvard Gazette. The Peabody Museum works with Harvard’s Weissman Preservation Center to treat and preserve rare daguerreotypes for future generations.
- 3/13/09 Night at the Museum: Harvard Faculty Get Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Peabody Museum, Harvard Gazette. Harvard faculty find out how to integrate Peabody Museum objects and expertise into their classes.
- 3/8/09 Images of the Lakota, Bismarck Tribune. Tribal arts teacher becomes a co-curator for new exhibition.
- 3/5/2009 Vivid Images, Stern Warnings Mark Ice Age ‘Rock’ Star’s Talk, Harvard Gazette. "Rock" star Paul Bahn talks about Ice Age rock art.
- 2/19/09 Messages from the Ice Age, MetroWest Daily News. New discoveries in Ice Age rock art.
For archived news, please follow the links at left.