K-12 Education for Schools and Youth Groups
Registration Open for Virtual Programs
The Peabody Museum is closed for in-person visits this fall and encourages virtual visits by schools and other groups (K-12). Registration is now open for virtual programs at the Peabody Museum, the Harvard Museum of Natural History, and the Harvard Museum of the Ancient Near East. We look forward to teaching your students in personalized live-streaming experiences that involve close looking and exposure to the museum collections. To learn more about the museum's virtual programs and self-guided online exploration within the galleries, please review our offerings and download materials via the menu.
We are working with Harvard University on a phased reopening plan that prioritizes the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Starting October 1, school groups are welcome to make reservations for museum-based visits and programs for January through June 2022.
"A great collection. Very relevant to our curriculum."
- Reserved just for your class
- Encourage questions and discussion
- Include a free pre-program phone call to work on specifics, a page of online teacher resources to use as homework or to build lessons around,
- Are cheaper per student than in-person programs
- Online programs cost a flat fee of $150 for 10–50 students. That works out to a cost of $6 per student for a class of twenty-five or $3 per student for two classes taught at the same time
- Needy schools are eligible for significant fee waivers
Reservations for these programs are required. Please complete the online Reservations Request Form to begin. When the request has been reviewed, you will be contacted by the Education Department to complete the reservation.