Collections-Based Teaching and Learning
Viewed from different perspectives, museum collections provide multiple narratives, making collections powerful agents for teaching and learning.
The Peabody Museum’s Academic Partnerships Department offers collections-based learning opportunities unique within Harvard.
- Have hands-on engagements with worldwide collections
- Work with expert staff to identify collections relevant to course themes
- Develop specialized workshops and activities for teaching or research
- Conduct original, primary source research
- Learn about collections-based teaching and learning from museum staff
If you are interested in using collections at the Peabody Museum for teaching or research, contact Academic Partnerships staff via the Peabody Museum Collections Access Request form. Please allow at least two weeks advance notice. The more time staff has, the better they can serve course needs.