LOCATION The lower portion found in 1893 by Maler was standing in an enclosure, or shrine, built against the western side of the Coba Group ball court, with Stela 9 beside it to the north. A large fragment constituting most of the upper half was discovered in rubble nearby by Martínez in 1996.
CONDITION Both portions show considerable erosion of the very low relief.
MATERIAL Fairly hard limestone, but flawed with cleavage planes and cavities.
SHAPE The sides are parallel, the front flat. The left side is well dressed; the right damaged and rougher; and the back rough.
HLC 2.10 m approx.
MW 0.96 m
WBC 0.88 m
MTh 0.32 m
Rel 0.3 cm
PHOTOGRAPHS von Euw and Graham.
DRAWING Graham, based on von Euw's drawing of the lower portion and on photographs.