LOCATION Discovered in 1926 by Gann. The Stela was standing in a simple enclosure, or shrine, in Court A, which is reached from the main plaza of the Coba Group by a stairway leading up to the open west side. The eastern boundary of this court is the stairway ascending Structure B-1 (La Iglesia).
CONDITION The lower third, approximately, of the shaft is missing, and there are small losses from the top. Weathering of the carved surface varies from moderate to severe. The stela has been re-erected by imbedding the lowermost 15 cm of it in cement.
MATERIAL Limestone of irregular texture, now showing uneven erosion and pitting
SHAPE The sides are approximately parallel. Front nearly flat; sides quite well dressed; back rough.
HLC 1.87 m approx.
MW 1.05 m
MTh 0.25 m
Rel 0.3 cm
DRAWING Graham, based on von Euw’s field drawing corrected by artificial light, and on stereophotos.