PREVIOUS DESIGNATION Morley (1926, p.275) referred to one fragment as Stela 9.
LOCATION Found in 1926 by the Second CIW Expedition to Coba, at the foot of the main stairway ascending Structure C-1, the Castillo. Its fragments now lie scattered several meters to the southwest of its original locus.
CONDITION Broken into many pieces, some retaining clear elements of carving. When recorded by von Euw, the fragments by no means constituted a complete stela, and of these a few could not be found in 1994.
SHAPE Uncertain, although the sides may have been parallel and the top flat.
MW 0.80 m approx.
MTh 0.25 m approx.
Rel 1.1 cm
PHOTOGRAPHS Graham and von Euw.
DRAWING Graham, based on field drawings by von Euw.