LOCATION Found in 1930 by the Sixth CIW Expedition to Coba. The stela, originally set into the lower steps of Structure D-1, had fallen on its face, breaking into several pieces; the top fragment, however, was not found until 1974 when Domingo Falc—n, then chief caretaker of the site, discovered it among rubble on the south side of the structure. The stela has been restored and re-erected by INAH.
CONDITION Broken into four large pieces. In general the carved surface is well preserved, except for the top.
MATERIAL Limestone with shell inclusions, which are most evident on the badly eroded back.
SHAPE Sides parallel and top rounded; sides well dressed, as back may originally have been.
HLC 3.06 m
PB 0.88 m
MW 1.19 m
WBC 1.19 m
MTh 0.28 m
Rel 2.2 cm
DRAWING von Euw, based on his field drawing corrected by artificial light and on a drawing by George Stuart.