LOCATION North side of Structure C-7. The stela was broken up and removed in the mid-1960s. All the pieces constituting the front were later recovered and sent to the Miami Museum of Science for restoration and exhibition, on loan fronn the governnnent of Guatemala.
CONDITION Unbroken when found by Maler, buried in debris and thus protected from erosion. After undergoing demolition and reconstruction the front of the stela remains in quite good condition, marred only by the numerous cracks running across it. The thickness of the shaft having been reduced by a little more than one-half, glyph collumns C and D,adjacent to the front, have survived with their inner edges cropped of about one-quarter of their width.
SHAPE Sides essentially parallel; unsymmetrically rounded top.
CARVED AREAS Front, and both narrow sides.
PHOTOGRAPHS Reproduced from Maler's negatives taken in 1905, except for the upper part of the right-hand side down to glyphs G10 and H7, which is from a photograph by Graham. Stereophotos also by Graham.
DRAWINGS Front: von Euw. Sides: Graham. All were based on field drawings corrected by artificial light. the missing sections of the sides, for which the only record is Maler's, are E16-21, F17-21, G18-20, and small areas of other glyphs.
CARVED AREAS Front and both sides.
PHOTOGRAPHS reproduced from Maler's original negatives of 1905.
DRAWINGS Graham, based on Maler's photographs and examination of the original.