PREVIOUS DESIGNATION Stela 11 (Morley 1926, p. 275).
LOCATION The lower half was found in 1893 by Maler. It stands beside, and just to the north of, Stela 10 in a small enclosure, or shrine, built against the western side of Structure B-17, the Coba Group ball court.
CONDITION The single known portion amounts to two-thirds or a half of the original. Owing to the nature of the stone, erosion has rendered the carved surface rough, and the design unclear.
MATERIAL A fairly hard limestone containing many shells and other inclusions.
SHAPE Sides nearly parallel. The front has been carefully dressed into a slightly cylindrical surface; the sides are fairly well shaped; and the back is irregular.
HLC 1.11 m
MW 0.90 m
WBC 0.88 m
MTh 0.25 m
Rel 0.7 cm
DRAWING von Euw, based on a field drawing corrected by artificial light.